Friday, October 19, 2007

DVBIA Luncheon


Yesterday, I found myself at the Four Seasons Hotel for a luncheon which saw our new Chief Constable of Vancouver, Jim Chu speaking as a special guest of the Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association.

As Genesis was one of the primary sponsors of this event, I was fortunate enough to have the honor of speaking to the audience beforehand and introducing the new Chief.

Sitting here now reviewing my speech, I truly do believe that bringing this city of ours into the 2010 experience and making an impact on crime is not just the job of our police. Every person and business must step forward and participate in the process; doing what they can in their own way.

While speaking, Chief Chu impressed me with certain initiatives that the VPD are currently studying relating to Chronic Offenders and property offenses.

With that being said, I would like to thank Chief Chu for coming out today and showing everyone that he is taking this job very seriously and is already beginning to study viable options that may ease the crime within the city and change the way in which we deal with the offenders involved.

Genesis Security wishes the Chief success in his new position and looks very forward to continuing our successful relationship with the VPD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home