Monday, April 02, 2007

Evening With A Driver


One of my Community Patrol drivers, Carolyn, had asked if she could submit an article for this very blog based on one of her night shifts and I told her that we would love to have a “guest” writer who could give our loyal readers a fresh perspective.
With that being said, it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to Carolyn, a proud member of the Genesis Security team:

Here is a quick pic of Carolyn and her co-worker Jason as they stand by one of the Genesis Smart Car's

“Since working the Community Patrol for Genesis I have found it to be a very rewarding job. I work the graveyard shift and most people think that it must be not a very exciting shift since the majority of people are sleeping.
While driving the night shift I have heard a lot of good feedback from people who live in the Kerrisdale area and that they feel safer now that they know of the 24/7 Community Patrol that Genesis has created.
When I work the night shift I have my usual Commercial business checks and I also keep an eye out for anything that looks suspicious. Our goal is to keep the community safe.

An example of this would be like last Friday night.

I had just driven up to W. 49th and East Boulevard where a hit and run accident had just occurred. Upon pulling over I grabbed my flashlight and walked over to the car that was sitting in the intersection observing that the entire back-end of the car was smashed in.

Talking to the driver, a lady who appeared to be in shock, I asked if she was okay and she replied that she was not. I then talked to a Good Samaritan who had stopped to see if the lady was okay. Being informed that the ambulance and fire department were already called I asked her if she saw anything and she said no, so I turned and talked once again to the driver and introduced myself, asking her where she was having pain. She replied the back of her head and back. I told her not to move and that the ambulance had been called and that they would be here soon.

Asking her if she saw the other car that hit her I was told that it was a red car and that it had turned left down East Boulevard. At this time I reassured her once again, telling her that I would stay with her until the ambulance arrived. I also inquired if there was anybody she wanted me to call and she stated no, that she was worried about waking up her husband as he had to work in the morning.

When the ambulance and fire department showed up I talked to the fire men and told them what had happened. I gave them the company cell number and they thanked me for stopping and attending to the driver. I then talked to the ambulance people and told them that I patrol the area and would keep an eye out for a red car with front end damage.

I left the scene and began patrolling the area and much to my surprise, within twenty minutes I found a car that was suspicious enough to notify the police. It was dumped in an alley and it was red with a lot of front end damage. The officer was very happy with the call and asked me to stay until a unit arrived to check it out which of course I didn’t mind at all.
I was glad I was able to help as that is the reason for the Community Patrol that Genesis has.”


Once again, a big thanks to Carolyn for taking the time to write this article for my blog and we look forward to hosting other employees as guest writers in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home